re: Bad experiences with IBM 755CX

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996 snmauf@elm.monsanto.com wrote:

> 755CSE has had it's screen die 3 times now. In each case I had to
> spend weeks kicking and screaming until repair people would get a
> new screen and fix it.  The same is true this time. The 2nd time I
> would call the Boulder parts center every day and get the work order
> reraised to the highest priority. I sure didn't feel like a
> customer, IBM had pretty much baffled itself into silence.  The 1
> day service is a joke(call and back it and they'll say 3 days). And
> onsite costs extra. I just drive to the fixit place now and sit
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> there while they replace the screen.

> /// Simon Maufe                          ||| MAUFE@TWEETY.DIGSYS.COM
> /// Daugherty Systems                    ||| 314-432-8200 office
> /// St Louis                             ||| 314-257-8018 home
      ^^^^^^^^
I thought IBM's repair center was in North Carolina?  I've sent my 750
in twice, once to replace the LCD, and, subtracting weekends, have
gotten my computer back in less than 48 hours both times.

Are we talking about the same service center?
John H. Kim         The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one
jokim@mit.edu       that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I have
jokim@tuna.mit.edu  found it!) but "That's funny ..." -- Isaac Asimov