re: Bad experiences with IBM 755CX

My first thinkpad a 360CSE worked fine, no complaints. My 2nd and current one,
a 755CSE has had it's screen die 3 times now. In each case I had to spend weeks
kicking and screaming until repair people would get a new screen and fix it.
The same is true this time. The 2nd time I would call the Boulder parts center
every day and get the work order reraised to the highest priority. I sure
didn't feel like a customer, IBM had pretty much baffled itself into silence.
The 1 day service is a joke(call and back it and they'll say 3 days). And
onsite costs extra. I just drive to the fixit place now and sit there while
they replace the screen. With this go around I'm 10 days into it and haven't
seen a replacement yet. At least the IBM warranty system decided to quit
replacing just the screen, and replace the components that may be causing the
screen to fail so frequently.

Would I buy a Thinkpad again? The extra money you pay "because it's an IBM"
counts as $0 extra value to me, thus probably bumping out IBM. Because I don't
see IBM Service as any better than the rest. The 800 tech support number
doesn't have a clue... It's a shame because the hardware is sooo good!

Simon
/// Simon Maufe                          ||| MAUFE@TWEETY.DIGSYS.COM          //
/// Daugherty Systems                    ||| 314-432-8200 office              //
/// St Louis                             ||| 314-257-8018 home                //
///                                      ||| 314-694-3207 client office       //
/// All opinions and thoughts are mine and not those of my employer or client /
/// Use anything in here at your own risk                                   \\\