re: Bad experiences with IBM 755CX

>>Are we talking about the same service center?
>>___________________________________________________________________________
>>John H. Kim         The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one
>>jokim@mit.edu       that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I have
>>jokim@tuna.mit.edu  found it!) but "That's funny ..." -- Isaac Asimov

no, you don't need to mail the thinkpad to IBM. Every city has many authorized
repairs places. I take the laptop in, they diagnose the thing, order the parts,
I go back a few days, weeks, months later, and they replace the part. Since I'm
on 24x7 call and need the laptop all the time, this suits me. These repair
places do get a lower prioriry for parts than EasyServ however. Hence the
Boulder calls to get my priority bumped up.

Simon