Re: OS/2 MWave 2.0 & Vmodem

I too wish to thank the more knowledgeable for this bit of trivia.  I had
recently reinstalled with OS/2 Warp Connect w/HPFS and FP17,
experiencing the same COMW errors.  Thank you!

While I'm typing, I'll add something I did to avoid hitting enter
on boot up, when I'm not attached to the network.  On my system,
there were two lines in CONFIG.SYS I commented...

  REM CALL=D:\OS2\CMD.EXE /Q /C D:\MPTN\BIN\MPTSTART.CMD
  REM CALL=D:\IBMCOM\PROTOCOL\NETBIND.EXE

This got rid of the "hit enter" when I boot disconnected from the
network card.  I moved the NETBIND call to the MPTSTART.CMD file, and
added a entry on my toolbar to run the MPTSTART.CMD when I needed it.
So from home I run slip, and at the office on my Dock II I run
MPTSTART.CMD.

On 15 Feb 1996 09:04:17 -0700 Kenneth Yee/CAM/Lotus (KENNETH_YEE/CAM/LOTUS.LOTUS) wrote...
> > DEVICE=D:\THINKPAD\COM.SYS (2,2F8,3)
> Thanks to Bruce for this snippet.  It fixed my odd problems with
> SLIP in OS/2 giving me these odd "[COMW] Only Wrote xx of yy
> Bytes" errors.
> Apparently, this new com.sys driver is needed for thinkpad
> Mwave support in OS/2.  It is almost twice as big as the normal
> OS/2 driver.
> I installed Warp Connect, then the Mwave drivers, then fixpack
> 16 on my system, so fixpack 16 must have switched back to
> using the Warp com.sys driver.  The new com.sys driver is
> from 1995 whereas the thinkpad one is from 1994.

> ken

Regards,
David McAnally
E-Mail: acus02@email.mot.com