Can't boot from new hard drive

I purchased a new 1.3gig Toshiba hard drive, and have installed it
in my ThinkPad 755CX, but I can't boot off of it. I booted a floppy,
formatted the drive and installed my OS, but the ThinkPad refuses
to boot from the hard drive. I even ran the test from EZ Setup on
the hard drive, and it reports ok.

When I try to boot the computer, it spins the floppy, clicks the
drive a little, then gives me some goofy screen that wants me to
insert a floppy. Just for the hell of it, I pulled out the hard
drive, booted without *any* hard drive, and got the same stupid
screen.

What do I have to do to get the ThinkPad to boot this new hard
drive?

---
Chris Osborn, Network Administrator       Voice: 707 253 3130
Napa Valley College                         Fax: 707 253 3063
2277 Napa-Vallejo Hwy., Napa, CA, 94558
<fozztexx@nvc.cc.ca.us>           MIME ok, NeXTMail tolerated