Re: Thinkpad 701c/cs DSP?

>   Not quite net rumor...this was from one of the design engineers
>   I bumped into on comp.sys.laptops.  The display for the 701 can
>   also have 256K colors as opposed to the 64K colors in the rest
>   of the thinkpad line.

	Sounds like you know something about the 701's.  May I ask a
few questions?

	The display--256 colors or 64,000?  (You wrote "256K" but I
think that might be a mistake--please clarify).

	Also, can this thing actually be used outside?  (i.e., is
the screen viewable outdoors?  My 750C is *terrible* for outdoor
viewing...).

	Battery life (realistic) is...?  Can you change to a new
battery on the fly like on the 750's?

	Many thanks--I'm thinking of buying one of these things and
I want to know what I'm getting into.  ;-)

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |       WWW Hope Page:     |
USC Graduate School of Business (Fight on 'SC!)|          http://         |
 "Did you really think you could call up the   | www-scf.usc.edu/~whittle/|
     Devil and ask him to behave?"             ----------------------------
       -Fox Mulder on T.V.'s "X-Files" speaking to an occult practitioner