Re: Thinkpad 701c/cs DSP?

> again, net.rumor says that they did not have enough room in the 701 to stick
> in the MWave, which is quite a bit larger than the Yamaha chip.  perhaps as
  Not quite net rumor...this was from one of the design engineers
  I bumped into on comp.sys.laptops.  The display for the 701 can
  also have 256K colors as opposed to the 64K colors in the rest
  of the thinkpad line.
  On a slighly different note, do the 760's have a 32-bit memory
  architecture?  I noted that they take the SO-DIMMs which are
  only 32-bit wide, but you don't have to add in two at a time as you
  do with a Pentium desktop because the Pentium bus is 64-bit.  My
  suspicion is that the cache to Pentium portion is 64-bit but the
  main memory to cache part is only 32-bit.
  In case anyone else is wondering, the 760 uses a Trident graphics
  chip.

 ken