Re: Can't boot from new hard drive

> I purchased a new 1.3gig Toshiba hard drive, and have installed it
> in my ThinkPad 755CX, but I can't boot off of it. I booted a floppy,
> formatted the drive and installed my OS, but the ThinkPad refuses
> to boot from the hard drive. I even ran the test from EZ Setup on
> the hard drive, and it reports ok.

Sorry if this sounds too trivial, but when you formatted the drive, did you
transfer the system files?  If you're using DOS, you can transfer the system
files with the FORMAT /S command or use the SYS C: after booting from the
floppy.  Note, you have to copy the SYS.COM to your boot disk as it is not part
of the DOS kernal.

...patrick

        Patrick Hong Systems Management & Consulting Inc.

        phong@phsmc.synapse.net            (613) 769-1544