Re: multiple net connections

About 20 minutes after sending my original question, Bob Cowles replied
with the following:

>Before connecting to PPP, in an OS/2 command line window, enter
>
>   IFCONFIG LAN0 DOWN
>
>Before switching back to use the ethernet enter
>
>   IFCONFIG LAN0 UP
>

>It works for me.  Currently using WARP Connect, but the same thing worked
>using Warp and TCPIP 2.0.
(forwarded with the author's permission)

I hibernated my computer, went home with my computer (work uses digital
lines), woke up the computer, executed the above command, did a ppp connect
(with dynamicly allocated IP) and I was off and running.  All tcpip
programs worked great.  I then returned to work, executed the second
command, and now I'm telnetting and ftping over lan.  No need to reboot or
alter any settings.  This is so typical of IBM; hiding their best features
as if they were state secrets!

The only complication is that I have to hot-plug my pcmcia modem and
ethernet cards after hibernation in order to reset them.  My life would be
complete if I could find a way of forcing a PCMCIA reset via software
instead of ejecting and re-inserting the cards.

Thanks again to Bob Cowles.

Victor Kress
Geophysical Laboratory
5251 Broad Branch Road N.W.