Re: BlackMatrix TFT Displays--Can you See them Outside or not?

At 12:03 PM 11/3/95 -0600, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

>the display on my 755CE (black matrix) is defintely easier to read in
>outdoor light than my 750C was.  however, it is still far from "easy" to
>read outdoors (like a mono passive display is, for instance).
>
>with black matrix i can actually get some email done, for instance, in the
>passenger seat of a sunny car.  but it is still very very hard to see
>sitting outside on a sunny patio.  note that the black matrix is about the
>best you can get for an active color outdoors from any vendor; in this case,
>however, i think the best still isn't good enough.
>
>bottom line: it is an improvement, but not as anywhere as great as i would
>have liked.

(This is to the group, not just Todd)

Gee whiz guys, what do you want ?

Ever try watching TV outside in the sun? You can't see that very well
either.  Even the Sony Jumbotron in Times Square is hard to see in bright
sunlight.

You're disgruntled because your display isn't bright enough to be seen
clearly in direct sunlight, and in the next breath want the battery to last
12 hours.

Free lunch?  NIET!

-Ted

Hmmm, maybe a small fusion reactor would do the trick.  (And you thought the
Pentium was hot....)
Ted Frederick
Principal Mgr. DM Practice
Cadence Design Systems