Re: BlackMatrix TFT Displays--Can you See them Outside or not?

At 09:52 AM 11/3/95 -0800, you wrote:

>        Okay--for all of you with the 75X machines and your "BlackMatrix"
>TFT displays--can you use/read these things outdoors in outdoor ambient
>light or not?
>
>        Is it usable outside?  Have any of your had a chance to compare
>with other displays outdoors?

the display on my 755CE (black matrix) is defintely easier to read in
outdoor light than my 750C was.  however, it is still far from "easy" to
read outdoors (like a mono passive display is, for instance).

with black matrix i can actually get some email done, for instance, in the
passenger seat of a sunny car.  but it is still very very hard to see
sitting outside on a sunny patio.  note that the black matrix is about the
best you can get for an active color outdoors from any vendor; in this case,
however, i think the best still isn't good enough.

bottom line: it is an improvement, but not as anywhere as great as i would
have liked.

---------
Todd Tannenbaum
CAE Model Advanced Facility