Re: multiple net connections

At 12:38 PM 11/3/95 -0500, aoster wrote:

>On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Ted Frederick wrote:
>>
>> Well, for $89.95 (US) you can...
>>
>> Move to Win95.  In W95 you can have separate LAN, and multiple PPP
>> "Connectiods" that each have their own IP, and Gateway.  The three DNS IPs
>> are shared, however.
>
>No ...you can have multiple PPP configurations but not multiple LAN
>(Ethernet) configurations.

Yes, it was my intent to convey that very message with my original e-mail,
as terse as it was ;).  It obviously needed further explanation, thank you
for clearing that up.

Note that I said a "separate LAN", not "multiple LANs".  In order to change
LAN settings, you must go into the Network Properties and change the IPs,
gateway, etc., manually and then reboot.  Multiple LANs are still
problematic in Win95.  Microsoft says that they intend to address this issue
in future releases.

I believe that the dial-up "Connectiods" are a step in the right direction.

-Ted
Ted Frederick
Principal Mgr. DM Practice
Cadence Design Systems