WD90C24 for OS/2

   From: Scott Stratmoen <strat@dsd.northrop.com>
   Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 13:03:34 CST

   Addressed to: Chris Hanson <cph@martigny.ai.mit.edu>
		 Thinkpad <tp750@cs.utk.edu>

   ** Reply to note from Chris Hanson <cph@martigny.ai.mit.edu> 08/24/95
   10:03pm -0400

   >    Someone mentioned using a new WD90C24 driver recently on a TP. This
   >    driver was not available from ftp://ftp.pcco.ibm/pub/mobiles
   >    but from an OS/2 site. The driver I found on the OS/2 site was,
   >    -------
   > 			    WD90C24 Device Driver
   > 				     for
   > 		      Toshiba Models T4700CT and T4700CS

   This is not the correct driver for the 75x or 360 series systems. You want
   the wdcxxp.zip file. I can get it from IBM's driver ftp site in Europe.

You replied to my message, without including my reply to the original
message.  Also, you seem to imply that my information is incorrect,
although I can't tell if you're referring to my message or the one
that I replied to.

The driver that I mentioned in my message is more recent than the one
you refer to, and has been superseded by a yet more recent version,
available from "ftp.pcco.ibm.com":

755wd101.exe     1480923   08-04-95  OS/2 Graphics Support-TP755 w/ WD90c24

I can vouch that the previous version of this driver, from last month,
fixed some of the subtle bugs that plague Win-OS/2 seamless sessions.
I haven't tried this particular driver, but I will probably upgrade in
hopes of fixing the remaining bugs.

My earlier experience with the wdc31 driver was that it did not behave
differently from the drivers bundled with Warp.  This may also have
changed since I tried this driver back in the spring.