Re: OS/2 Warp - Changing Resolutions

Addressed to: wyip@nicotra.com.sg (Wilson Yip)
              Thinkpad <tp750@cs.utk.edu>

** Reply to note from Wilson Yip <wyip@nicotra.com.sg> 08/25/95 10:30am
EDT

> According to the 750 manual there should be a "ChangRes" and a
> "SetCRT" batch file after installing the latest drivers from
> PCCO (ver 1.33) but these drivers are for OS/2 2.1 only, the
> docs accompanying the drivers state that if the user is using
> Warp, the video drivers from Warp should be used. My drivers
> were installed when installing Warp but there is no indication
> of how to get higher resolution or is this not possible?

You should not be using the Thinkpad (mobiles) drivers with WARP. With
the current WARP drivers you will get 640x480 on the LCD and higher
resolutions when an external monitor is connected.

Connect up a monitor such the the LCD is off. Then from a FULL SCREEN
DOS session run "svga on". You will then find under the system setup
notebook that other (higher) resolutions are available.

Select one and reboot.

___
Scott A. Stratmoen
Northrop Grumman