RE: Keyboard replacement

In message Thu, 22 Sep 94 09:03:32 MDT,
  kyeanopl@amazon.den.mmc.com (Karl Yeanoplos)  writes:

>> 3.7.  My keyboard letters and symbols are starting to come off.

>> Mike Anderson, IBM rep on the Compuserve Thinkpad forum, has reported
>>   that this is a flaw in the manufacturing.  When the new keyboards
>>   become available, we will be able to get them under our warranties for
>>   free.

> 	Does anyone know the status of these "new" keyboards?

I sent in my TP for servicing late last month.  One of the things I
complained about was the lettering coming off the keyboard.  :)  IBM
replaced it, and although I've only had it for a few weeks, I immediately
noticed the surface of the keys felt different.  I'm not sure if my mind is
making this up or if it really is different, so maybe the new keyboards are
out.  None of the letters have come off yet, but then again I'm not pounding
the machine by playing games for hours on end.  :)  Perhaps someone on
CompuServe can ask?

>>  If your warranty has expired already, then you have an old
>>  Thinkpad and this is an old FAQ.  Get a newer one.

Sean, you might want to change this part since the TP360 only comes with a
1-year warranty.
John H. Kim  jokim@mit.edu  jokim@x8.csrd.uiuc.edu  This message sent by NUPop
Cartoon by Mike Luckovich:
Briefer: "Intelligence reports North Korea's new leader is erratic, overweight
          and has a big hairdo.  He wasn't in the military which may lessen
          his sway with the armed forces.  He's obsessed with women ..."
Clinton: "Lemme guess.  He also plays the saxophone ..."