RE: Keyboard replacement

 I've just had a very good experience with IBM's service on my ThinkPad
750C.  I had a key next to the TrackPoint II that didn't have the same feel
as the other keys and was therefore causing me a problem.  I called IBM
Service here in Ottawa last Friday.  They had a replacement keyboard in by
Monday afternoon, and when I showed up at the local service center on
Tuesday morning to have the keyboard replaced, the exchange was completed
within 15 minutes while I waited.

The new keyboard also appears to have the letters printed on top of the
keys, and the technician wasn't aware of a new style of keyboard with the
lettering embedded within the keys.  He said "perhaps on the TP755...".

Myron Oleskiw
National Research Council Canada
Myron.Oleskiw@nrc.ca