Re: IBM EasyServe Withholding of Presumed Stolen Thinkpads?

> What documentation would satisfy EasyServe that the unit was still
> within warranty and should be repaired without charge?

When I sent in my 755cd they didn't ask for purchase date at all.
With a 3 year warrantee they could tell by the model number that
there was *plenty* of time left.  Date of manufacture is also stamped
somewhere inside.  You might get more scrutiny near the end when the time
between manufacture and initial sale would be an issue (also for the low
line models with 1 year warrantee).

-Don Perley
perley@cadence.com