Re: IBM EasyServe Withholding of Presumed Stolen Thinkpads?

> So, in the absence of any documentation which can be traced to the
> original purchaser, what documentation would satisfy EasyServe that
> a second hand IBM thinkpad was legitimately purchased -- not stolen?
> What documentation would satisfy EasyServe that the unit was still
> within warranty and should be repaired without charge?

I had my lawyer draw up a bill of sale, had the seller sign the bill of
sale, got the letter notarized and each time I send my machine in ot
EasyServe, I include a notarized copy of the bill of sale along with a
notarized copy of the original reciept.

Ben.
____
Paris, France                      Illudium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator