RE: 750C altF3, F4 problems

Harry Seaman <hseaman@execpc.com> wrote:

>Has anyone had this problem, or any observations on it?
>
>When I put the 750C in the "sleep modes" Alt F3 or Alt F4, the screen
>blanks, hard drive shuts down ok.  Then, after some minutes, the HD spins
>up, shups down, spins up again, then shuts down for a while.  then the
>whole cycle repeats. (sorry I'm not more definitive about the "whiles",
>but I didn't make accurate time notes)
>
>I'm sure this is a lot of extra wear and tear on the HD

I have had very much the same problem with my 755C and I believe that
there is a bug in the BIOS.  I find that if I am connected to AC power
and suspend the machine, I get the same sort of cycling of the hard disk
that you describe.  However, if I first unplug my power adaptor so that
I'm running on batteries, then go into suspend mode, then plug the power
adaptor back in, it works as expected.

Sigh...
   Jim