Re: Users are not very mobile with IBM Mwave?

i have used a u.s. modem in france without (too many) problems.  hard part was
getting the intitialization sequence.  best to find someone else with a modem
and look at theirs.

ibm sell DAA's for different telecom systems.  you would remove your internal
U.S. daa, put in (as i recall) a connector that goes to you external telephone
port, then plug in your new external daa to that, and a - is it rj11 - with a
french adapter to the daa.

i am not sure how configurable these daa's are, relative to an ordinary modem.

regards, al

 Alden S Klovdahl /   alden.klovdahl@anu.edu.au    / fax: +61 62 49 05 25
 Sociology Arts  / Australian National University / Canberra ACT Australia 0200