Com port problems on ThinkPads with Windows95

     Hi all!

     I know there has been some discussions going on about this particular
     problem, but did someone ever find the best solution? I have three
     customers with ThinkPad 760 and Windows95. All three are using the
     internal Mwave modem and Nokia Cellular Data Cards for use with their
     cellular phones.

     What happens is that sometimes when they reboot, the COM ports change.
     Mwave goes from for example COM2 to COM5 and the Nokia PC Card from
     COM1 to COM3. They find this quite annoying since they have paid a few
     dollars for their new toys.

     Question: Is this solved with Initialize in Easy Setup? If not, how?

     I've also heard that I don't need ThinkPad Features in Windows95 since
     everything can be enabled/disabled from the Device Manager. So far I
     haven't heard a good reason to install it.

     Best regards
     Mikael Bendtsen
     Responsor NWSM (Pharmacia & Upjohn)
     Mikael.Bendtsen@eu.pnu.com - mike@se.ibm.com