Re: New Member to list....

On Sat, 20 Jul 1996, Joe Leonard wrote:

> I am also (just now) installing Linux (intel version of
> Unix) on a 340 Mb hd just to gain some experience with
> Unix. (yeah, i know....i'm a glutton for punishment!!)

Linux is not Unix and Unix is not Linux.  What Linux is is a freeware
operating system that looks, feels, and acts like Unix, and comes in any
number of flavors that are kludgy at best, and really floow no
standardizations.  If you want Unix on an Intel based machine, get ahold
of either BSD, or FreeBSD (which is in fact free, like Linux) or better
yet, Solaris for x86, which are both true blue versions of Unix which run
on Intel boxes.

-Mike