Re: Linux on 755CD

> Has anyone else out there been successful (or brave enough)
> in getting all of the peripheral devices operating properly
> with Linux as the operating system?

I have been running Linux on my 755CD for the last two years.  Works
pretty good but the MWave stuff is not fully supported.  If you boot
DOS first and initialize the MWave, then the Sound Blaster emulation
and listening to audio CDs works.  No go on the modem part though. I
have not used the PCMCIA card you mention. I use a GVC ethernet card
and a GVC modem card which both work great.  The only trick with it
is the CDROM drive.  The 1.2.13 Linux kernels don't support it very
well and it loses data.  The problem was fixed in the first 1.3
release so its easy to patch 1.2.13 by copying the drivers/block/
ide-cd.c stuff from a 1.3.1 release or just upgrade to the newest
2.0.x kernels.

Let me know if I can help you more!

> Specifically...
>
> 	1) Mwave Modem
> 	2) IBM 4/16 T/R PCMCIA card
> 	3) internal CDROM
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe Leonard
> MCI Business Markets, St. Louis, MO
> joe.leonard@mci.com
> (314)719-3134

| "Psst. Hey Guido. It's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the   |
| cheese. And you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it. That's |
| why he's gonna kill us. So we gotta beat it. Yeah. Before he lets      |
| loose the marmosets on us! Don't worry, little missy! I'll save you!"  |
+------------------ Brad Pepers -- pepersb@cuug.ab.ca -------------------+