Re: New Member to list....

> > I am also (just now) installing Linux (intel version of
> > Unix) on a 340 Mb hd just to gain some experience with
> > Unix. (yeah, i know....i'm a glutton for punishment!!)

if you guys touch off a flame war, i'm unsubscribing.  =)

seriously, though, i would mention that linux is a great OS
but it's one of the weirder variants of UNIX, and you should
remember that when putting "UNIX experience" on your resume.

after 8 years of UNIX systems administration experience,
i rate Linux very highly for its usability and port-to-ability.
i'm running it right now on my TP760.  i do wish that X
windows wasn't so stupid in its management of color tables ...
and everything else, for that matter.  but X windows is
probably the most standardized part of Linux.  if i could
just get all 16 bits of color (or however many my screen really
supports) out of Linux, i'd probably turn my Windows
partition into swap ... i guess i'll just wait patiently
for the next release of XFree86.

-mykle-