Re: 701C parallel port pass thru devices

Subject: 701C parallel port pass thru devices

> Hi folks -
>      Has anyone had any luck getting parallel port pass thru devices working
> with the 701C.  I'm trying to use my thinkpad (running WIN 3.1) with the
> multiport II port replicator and an Easyphoto parallel port scanner.  My
> printer will still work but it won't recognize the scanner.  I had a similar
> problem when I was trying to use a parallel port CD-ROM.  I finally gave up.
> I'm getting ready to take this back too. :(

Well, this won't be of much help except to show that it works for someone.  I've used a
parallel port CD-ROM since I got my 701C in May.  In fact the day I got it I formatted
the hard drive and installed Warp Connect from a CD-ROM.  I did that with the BIOS which
came with the 701C but have since upgraded to BUTUS30.  Two weeks ago I bought a 1GB
drive for my 701C and again installed Warp Connect from my CD-ROM via the parallel port.
Since we don't use windows I don't know whether it would work but I doubt that this
would be the difference.

Good luck,

Lee

||   Lee Laniear                           ||
||  laniear@ibm.net  OR laniear@netcom.com ||
|| "Free advice is seldom cheap"           ||
||  69th Ferengi Rule of of Acquisition    ||