Adaptec PCMCIA SCSI vs. Emergency Boot Floppy Procedure

I did a low level format of my TP750Cs HD, booted my Adaptec emergency
restore floppy, fdisk, format /s/u, tried to run BEDREST (Adaptec's own
emergency restore program), and I received "Inconsistent tape hardware
parameters were defined" error messages.  My backup device is an Archive
Viper 150 SCSI tape drive.

I ended up reinstalling PC-DOS 5.02 (from backup floppies), IBM Thinkpad
PCMCIA support floppies, MS-Windows 3.1 (from floppies), and the Adaptec
windows based EZ-SCSI software just to do a simple restore.

Has anyone has better results with the Adaptec emergency restore floppy?
Does Adaptec listen to and respond somewhere to customer complaints?