Re: Partition Magic--SCSI?

At 4:57 PM 2/4/96, Jane Loyless wrote:
>** Reply to note from whittle@usc.edu 02/04/96 09:20am -0800
>
>> Can anyone here who is using or has used Partition Magic successfully with
>> a SCSI drive tell me how its done?
>>
>I've used it with SCSI and didn't do anything different.  It was fixed hard
>drives, though, and not removable cartridges.

        In my case, its still a fixed SCSI HD, but I also have a removable
SCSI HD--not that it should make any difference to the software (it doesn't
to any other software).

        The key might be this difference:  Do you *boot* off your SCSI HD?
In the case of having a mixed environment (i.e. IDE & SCSI drives), you
have to boot off the IDE and use drivers to handle the SCSI drive(s).

        I'm thinking the fact that the SCSI drives (in my case) are
driver-driven might prevent Parition Magic from doing its thing.

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |       WWW Home Page:     |
USC Graduate School of Business                |          http://         |
 "Did you really think you could call up the   | www-scf.usc.edu/~whittle/|
     Devil and ask him to behave?"             ----------------------------
       -Fox Mulder on T.V.'s "X-Files" speaking to an occult practitioner
Southern Cal--Rose Bowl Champions, 1996!!