Re: ThinkPad/Linux/SCSI card/Panasonic PCMCIA CD-ROM

Just to answer my own question for those who might be interested.  I was
trying to get the above stuff running on "vanilla" Linux without inherent
PCMCIA support.  It simply isn't worth it.  I wasted a couple of hours
doing that.  Then I downloaded David Hinds' pcmcia package, compiled and
installed it.  Installed the modules package, and rebooted.  After literally
30 minutes including download time I had a functioning plug-and-play system
that understands the above configuration and then some.  I've never seen
such a good excuse for loadable modules as pcmcia plug and play, and Hinds'
package appears to be excellent.

Eugene Fiume.