ThinkPad/Linux/SCSI card/Panasonic PCMCIA CD-ROM

Hi all.  I'm trying to get Linux to talk to a BusToaster PCMCIA SCSI II
card to which I want to connect a Panasonic KXL720 PCMCIA CD-ROM (no
native Linux driver for this machine, but it should talk regular
SCSI).  I'll also want to connect a SCSI ZIP or SYQUEST unit someday.
I've read the basic docs on SCSI and CDROMs for Linux, but I've got
some pretty fundamental questions yet.  I'd appreciate it if someone in
the know could tell me:

        (a) What SCSI controller does the Bus Toaster emulate?
        (b) What class of generic CDROM driver support do I use to access
	    the Panasonic?
	(c) What LILO or loadlin command line do you use?

This looks like stuff of marginal interest to most of this community,
so an e-mail response is probably preferable.  I'd be glad to post a
working response.  I'm using kernel 1.3.56 right now.

Thanks,
Eugene Fiume.