Re: dsp modem from win95

We have 9 TP755CEs running Win95 with the DSP MWave modem that we use for
telecommunications tasks and training.  They all work OK.

The guy here who upgraded them from Win 3.1 (or whatever was installed when we
got them) seems to remember that he updated to MWave 2.0 before doing the Win95
upgrade.  Do you have the 2.0 MWave drivers?

You may also want to check the programs under Think Pad, especially DSP and
Serial.  Under DSP, I have the following settings:

Mwave DSP:
	DSP Device = Enable
	I/O Address = 4E30h
	IRQ = Irq10
	DMA channel = DMA7

DSP Function:
	MIDI (not checked)
	Sound Blaster support (checked)
		I/O Address = 220h
		DMA channel = DMA1
		IRQ = IRQ 5

Telephony Function:
	Modem (checked)
        	COM2 (2F8h, IRQ3)

Under Serial I have the following settings:

	Serial Port A = Disable
	Serial Port B = Disable

We use either the TrackPoint, or attach a MicroSoft PS/2 mouse to the port on
the right in the back; we've never had to make any configuration changes to use
the PS/2 mouse.

Good Luck!!

\          Dennis J. Gormley                           Tel:  (215) 222-1532
\\         Operations Manager                          Fax:  (215) 222-0416
\\\\       Health Sciences Libraries Consortium        Int:  gormley@hslc.org
\\\\\\     3600 Market Street, Suite 550
H S L C    Philadelphia, PA   19104-2646

Celebrate the winter solstice festival within the parameters of your social,
ethnic, and/or religious persuasion.

The opinions etc.
Original message(s) follow: