Re: MIDI on 750??

At 5:10 AM 12/16/95, John M. Bozeman wrote:
>Hey,
>
>I see ads saying that the IBM TP701 has MIDI capability.  Does
>the TP750?  How easy is it to set up?
>
>       Thanks,
>
>         John Bozeman

        By "MIDI Capability", I believe it merely means that both these
machines can *play* MIDI files through the speaker--that's it.  I don't
believe there is any way to physically hook up MIDI cables and control
musical instruments with it (perhaps a PCMCIA card?).  But the drivers to
play MIDI should have come with your machine.

        Oh, and the 750--it doesn't play MIDI files very well.  Sounds
*very* "tinny" (i.e. like the sound is coming out of a tin can).  I was
pleasantly surprised with the MIDI sound the 701 was capable of though.

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |       WWW Home Page:     |
USC Graduate School of Business (Fight on 'SC!)|          http://         |
 "Did you really think you could call up the   | www-scf.usc.edu/~whittle/|
     Devil and ask him to behave?"             ----------------------------
       -Fox Mulder on T.V.'s "X-Files" speaking to an occult practitioner