Re: Other display cards with Dock II?

On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Randy Whittle wrote:

>         My guess is you're looking at an ATI card that uses the Mach 64
> chip.  If so, I highly doubt you'll be disappointed by its performance,
> even if its ISA.

I would suggest it's more likely you'll be dissapointed in ATI when they
replace the 64 with something more snazzy. When I had an 8 bit card,
their interest in new drivers and support seemed to evaporate the moment
they hit the 32. Same again when they made the 64 - they have yet to
update their unimpressibe drivers for Lose95 and the Mach32 series. I
understand that their money isn't made supporting little ol' me who paid
$325 for the Ultra Pro several years ago, but that doesn't make it less
annoying.... I'd take a long look at some alternatives before I bought
another ATI. It's been reliable, but not impressive.