Re: Thinkpad IR port

On Dec. 12 95, 11:39 PST, "Randal Whittle" <whittle@chaph.usc.edu>
wrote:

>> Has anyone set up linux on a thinkpad (mine is a 701) to use the
>> infrared port?  I'd like to get talking with my sharp wizard
>> organizer

> Heck, I'd like to simply get the IR port to work with my HP 100LX
> through Windows (specifically Win '95).  I don't know if the two
> will even talk to each other at all (but supposedly they do).

Seems like they should. I found the the thing was able to communicate
with my HP48! I just ran a comm program (both under Win95 and
NeXTSTEP), set the speed to 2400, set the com port to the IR port
(com1), and it worked. I think the 100lx does 115,200bps.

---
Chris Osborn, Network Administrator       Voice: 707 253 3130
Napa Valley College                         Fax: 707 253 3063
2277 Napa-Vallejo Hwy., Napa, CA, 94558
<fozztexx@nvc.cc.ca.us>           MIME ok, NeXTMail tolerated