Re: Thinkpad IR port

On Tue, 12 Dec 1995, Randal Whittle wrote:

> > Has anyone set up linux on a thinkpad (mine is a 701) to use the
> > infrared port?  I'd like to get talking with my sharp wizard organizer
>
> 	Heck, I'd like to simply get the IR port to work with my HP
> 100LX through Windows (specifically Win '95).  I don't know if the
> two will even talk to each other at all (but supposedly they do).

I've got a TP701 and while I've not gotten the Direct Cable Connect to
work with another TP701, I've gotten the IR port to work from a Term program.

BAsically, pick a baud rate(57600) and use Zmodem.  It works like a charm.

I've never actually been able to get a good connect over 57600.

Ben.
____
"If what Proust says is true, that happiness is the absence of fever, then
I will never know happiness. For I am possessed by a fever for knowledge,
experience, and creation."                                      -Anais Nin
PGP Encrypted Mail Welcomed      Finger samman@powered.cs.yale.edu for key