DIMM RAM

I can verify that DIMM RAM does work in an IBM 755CX.

I have the DIMM adapter and 2 16 MB DIMMs.  The adapter
plugs into the same socket as a single RAM card.  The
DIMM adapter can hold one or two DIMMs.

(See page 140 - 147 of the CX User's Guide for info on
installing the adapter and DIMMs).

With this combo I have 40 MB of usable RAM as verified by
the Easy-Setup Test (it takes a LONG time to test 40 MB
as compared to the original 8 MB).

Warp also runs MUCH faster with 40 compared to 8, especially
with Connect, TCPIP, NFS, PMX, ...

I hope this clears up some confusion about DIMMs and at least
the 755CX.  I have no experience with other ThinkPads.

Stuart

Stuart F. Biggar                    Phone:  (520) 621-8168
Remote Sensing Group                FAX:    (520) 621-8292
Optical Sciences Center
University of Arizona
1600 N. Country Club Rd, Ste 100
Tucson, AZ 85716-3160               Internet:  Stuart.Biggar@opt-sci.arizona.edu