You CAN Use DIMM's in a 755CX

Until very recently non-parity DIMM modules were not available for the
755CX,  hence the prevailing opinion that one cannot install DIMM memory in
a 755cx.  However,  in the Fall-Winter catalog from PC Direct,  both
non-parity memory modules and memory module adapters suitable for use in the
755cx are listed.  Part #'s and prices are as follows:

8 Mb non-parity DIMM memory module               #92G7261     475.00
ThinkPad Memory Module Adapter                      #84G2151     105.00

I hope this clearsup the 755cx  -  DIMM controversy.  I checked this info
out with a IBM PC Co. (but not affiliated w/ PC Direct) contact and,  after
some checking,  confirmed that the parts listed will,  indeed,  do the trick
in my cx.

Happy ThinkPading

Joe Wilson
Badger Valve & Fitting