Re: screen prob on 755cs

>> i thought about having it serviced.
>> of course i don't have any papers for that "under warranty" stuff.

>Yea, I was somewhat surprized when I called IBM for service and they
>said I would have to fax them a copy of the invoice proving ownership
>before they'd return the computer - wasn't required to get it fixed,

For the record, I had my machine serviced by IBM just last
month.  They FedEx'ed me a pre-paid shipping container, I
used it to FedEx them the machine, and they FedEx'ed it
right back.  No hassle, no mess, no faxing, no forms.
(It came back in working condition, with updated BIOS ROM
and one of those new trackpoint caps.)

Just one person's experience.

                                -Tim