TP755Cx and Megahertz modem

I have a brand new Megahertz 28.8 modem that I can't get to work in my
TP755CE under Warp.  I've disabled the MWave modem, and when I reboot,
the TP knows there's a card in the slot.  But it doesn't respond to any
comm program - the message says the com2 port is not active.  I tried
the card in a TP750CS that had a working modem (not a Megahertz,
though) and got the same message about the com2 port.  Is there
anything else I need to do before deciding the card itself is bad?

Thanks.

Jane