RE: TP755Cx and Megahertz modem

> From:	MX%"jloyless@globalvision.net" 15-NOV-1995 08:29:56.28
> Subj:	TP755Cx and Megahertz modem

> I have a brand new Megahertz 28.8 modem that I can't get to work in my
> TP755CE under Warp.  I've disabled the MWave modem, and when I reboot,
> the TP knows there's a card in the slot.  But it doesn't respond to any
> comm program - the message says the com2 port is not active.  I tried
> the card in a TP750CS that had a working modem (not a Megahertz,
> though) and got the same message about the com2 port.  Is there
> anything else I need to do before deciding the card itself is bad?

With our 755CE, I found that in addition to disabling the MWAVE, we also had to
reconfigure the ports with the utilities DSP and SERIAL found in the ThinkPad
Setup program group.

Hope this helps!

\          Dennis J. Gormley                           Tel:  (215) 222-1532
\\         Operations Manager                          Fax:  (215) 222-0416
\\\\       Health Sciences Libraries Consortium        Int:  gormley@hslc.org
\\\\\\     3600 Market Street, Suite 550
H S L C    Philadelphia, PA   19104-2646