Re: screen prob on 755cs

|> went away to ask someone if this was ok, and it was.  The point
|> being I'd try asking IBM first - the worst that can happen is they
|> say no.  They can also look up authorized dealers in your area.

One while on a trip to The States, a few days before returning (to Japan),
I opened my 755CX in horror to find a shattered LCD. I called the IBM
Service number I found on their web page and explained my situation (leavig
the country in a few days). There was some question about who would pay for
the $2500 LCD (due to the circmustances, I thought it should be under
warranty).

I didn't have time to haggle much, so went with their 1-day express
service.  For $99 extra. They were supposed to pick it up in the morning,
and have it back to me by the next afternoon.

It got picked up at around 10:30 am.  I was expecting a call from them in
the afternoon, and by 5pm I was getting worried. But not long after, Fedex
shows up with my (fixed) Thinkpad. I was stunned. I was still exepecting to
discuss the warrenty with them once they were able to see it itself, and
here it was fixed and returned free. I was in California. It had apparently
gone right on a plane to Altlanta, LCD swapped, and right back onto a flight
to Orange County.

Obviously, I was/am very happy.

One bad thing to say: IBM's maze of phone menus is frustrating.

BTW, they never even charged me the $99. I'm still wondering if it'll show
up on my credit-card bill (I authorized the charge, so would certainly not
mind them taking it), but at this point I guess they just decided to give
the royal treatment.

Obviously, they have a customer for life.
	Jeffery
Jeffrey Friedl <jfriedl@omron.co.jp> Omron Corp, Nagaokakyo, Kyoto 617 Japan
See my Jap<->Eng dictionary at http://www.wg.omron.co.jp/cgi-bin/j-e
                           and http://enterprise.ic.gc.ca/cgi-bin/j-e