Re: screen prob on 755cs

> i thought about having it serviced.
> of course i don't have any papers for that "under warranty" stuff.

Yea, I was somewhat surprized when I called IBM for service and they
said I would have to fax them a copy of the invoice proving ownership
before they'd return the computer - wasn't required to get it fixed,
just to get it back.  Or of course one has the option of paying for
the work instead.. although there's no way the three year warranty
could even be close to gone.

So, I explained the Thinkpad came from them, it was coming from and
going back to the same place as on the original invoice and digging
up the paper copy from months ago, not to mention then having to go
run it through a fax machine, seemed like a real pain compared to
having IBM check its own records, which they must be doing anyway
as they would hopefully be verifying the faxed in data.  The guy
went away to ask someone if this was ok, and it was.  The point
being I'd try asking IBM first - the worst that can happen is they
say no.  They can also look up authorized dealers in your area.

Billy Y..