Linux on a 755CX

Has anyone gotten Linux to run on the 755CX yet? I've tried all the
tips from the Linux/Thinkpad Web site at peipa.essex.ac.uk (specifying
the hard drive geometry, floppy=thinkpad, etc.) There was also nothing
in the archives of this mailing list.

The boot disk comes up just fine. I'm prompted to insert the root
disk - once I do I get the following error:

  Kernel panic: VFS 1.2.13 Unable to mount root fs on 02:00

...and then we're locked up.

My machine is a TP 755CX - SVGA model with 24 MB RAM, 810 MB hard
drive.

If anybody can give me a hand here, I'd really appreciate it. :-)

--
Doug Washington                    EMAIL: washide@cqo6.whirlpool.com
Whirlpool Corporation              EMAIL: washide@cluster.mcs.com