SCSI backup

Hello,

Here is a question in the mist of the newsgroup creation debate:

I am buying a scsi adaptor for a cdrom. The scsi adaptor is
an adaptec APA-1460 pcmcia scsi2 adaptor. Is it possible to
use this adaptor with a scsi tape drive used on Sun workstations
to do backup for OS/2 and Windows (FAT)? I am not talking about
backing up over the network. I am thinking of unplugging a 8mm,
2GByte capacity tape drive which is tied to a Sun workstation
and then plug it into the pcmcia adaptor. If this is doable, what
software should I get?

Thanks.

-William Ng