Re: Correct list for 701c?

Excellent information - thanks!

On Thu, 12 Oct 1995, John H. Kim wrote:

> I was just browsing the linux hardware newsgroup yesterday.  One person

Ah - i had only check the comp.linux.setup group, for a few day.  I'll
watch the .hardware group, now.

> power management or IR ports.  He had it running 1024x768x8bit virtual
> on the LCD, and 1024x768x8bit on a CRT.  Your machine being a CS might
> give you some problems.

I guess if i don't find someone else who's identified the x
configuration, i'll have to locate the appropriate chipset in the config
notes and struggle with getting X going, as i did last time.  (At least
this time i'll have the hardware manuals identifying the chipset, etc!)

> [Some substantial info about difficulties of using OS/2.]

With the sort of encouraging info about using linux that you mentioned,
and the troubles with using OS/2, it sounds like linux is worth aiming
for.  I'm surprised that OS/2 is ungainly when it comes to resources, but
after playing with it some more, i'm not real thrilled about the user
interface.  Seems best to just go with my familiar window managers, X,
emacs, and all the stuff that comes with linux...

Thanks much for the info.

ken manheimer
klm@cnri.reston.va.us, 703 620-8990 x259