Re: Correct list for 701c?

On Thu, 12 Oct 1995, ucklw08 wrote:

> Why does my machine being a TP750Cs (emphasis on the Cs) create
> a possible problem?

Dual scans typically keep two copies of the screen in VRAM.  The XFree
driver under Linux must be able to do this or work around it for your
screen to work correctly.  i.e. a driver/configuration for a 701c
will not work on a 701cs.  The 750/755/360 series uses the Western
Digital 90C24 video chipset, and the XFree drivers for it (supposedly)
automatically configure for a dual scan.  The 701 uses the Chips &
Technologies 65545(?).  I'm not certain about dual-scan support with
the C&T.

So the fact that someone has got XFree running on a 701c does not
guarantee it'll work on a 701cs.  That's why I said it might give you
problems.
John H. Kim        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design
jokim@mit.edu       something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
jokim@tuna.mit.edu  ingenuity of complete fools." -- Douglas Adams