Re: Modems for use in England

Just be sure to bring along an American cable with you.  There are plenty
of American to British adapters available that work with an American
cable (you can get the adapter's at any Tandy store for about 6 pounds
sterling).  But if you don't bring an American cable you will have to try
a lot of places before you find a cable with an american plug on end and
British plug on the other.  Otherwise there is no difference (even touch
tone works).