Re: AC Adapter for use in England

On Mon, 3 Jul 1995, Jane Loyless wrote:

> I just called PC Direct - it's actually a new item for the TP701C, but
> it works on the TP75x series.  The adapter is in stock right now,
> however the warehouse is closed this week.  It'll ship out next week.
> Sorry, but I forgot to ask for the part number!

  Oops, shoulda written it down myself. I just ordered one, this guy
(nice fellow, x0456 at 1-800-IBM-2YOU) knew it off the top of his head -
worldwide adaptor for Thinkpad 700 series is what I asked for - and he
didn't know anyting about a warehouse being closed, and didn't seem
totally clueless. It was $66 and change with shipping. Hope my employer
will reimburse me.....

 Donald Alan Whiteside     MDCC Wage Slave     School of Computer Science
         Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1995
      GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
          "The universe is not in the habit of giving up
       explanations to cursory examinations" - Garth Thornton