Re: Hayes 28.8 PCMCIA modem

> I'd say go for it.  The only real complaint I have with this product
> is the lack of decent documentation.  Hayes doesn't even supply a list
> of AT commands in the so called "manual".  You will want to call the
> Hayes BBS and download their technical reference manual for the Optima
> line, file name TRM288.TXT if I recall correctly.  Good luck...

The best documentation for Rockwell based modems is Rockwell's own
AT command set guide. I have a Megahertz XJ2144 (aka RC144 based modem).
There were fallback/fallforward options which I would never have known
about without the Rockwell documentation.

You can try to get this info from Rockwell but I don't think that they
will deal with the public....
--
Scott A. Stratmoen | strat@ast.dsd.northrop.com