The double scan and X windows problem.

Hello.

Thanks to your help I have been able to run X in my TP360Cs, but I'd
like to understand what the problem was really about.
I thought the screen was messing up with the driver, but the new drivers
use only 512Kb on the 1024Kb and this solves tthe problems, so what
was wrong , can someone explain ?
I would also like to know if an external monitor can be connected,
and if so if I need to use the patched driver or the original one :
can the 1024Kb of the card be used if the TP is connected to an
external screen ??

I could try all this by myself, I know, but I do not have a monitor
here, and when I get one if there are some problems (Which is very
likely...) I won't be able to read this list anymore. So any
comment will be apreciated.

Cheers.
  Olivier