Re: The double scan and X windows problem.

>I thought the screen was messing up with the driver, but the new drivers
>use only 512Kb on the 1024Kb and this solves tthe problems, so what
>was wrong , can someone explain ?

Some dual-scan screens use the upper 512KB to mirror the lower 512KB so each
scan can access video memory independently.

>I would also like to know if an external monitor can be connected,
>and if so if I need to use the patched driver or the original one :
>can the 1024Kb of the card be used if the TP is connected to an
>external screen ??

I use the unpatched (original) driver for my external display at 1024x768.

-John
---
John C. Hart, Asst. Prof.
School of EECS, Wash. St. Univ.